Hip Raise with Feet on Chair is one of the osteoporosis hip exercises in the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program. It is part of the Active Level Osteoporosis Exercise Program.
It can be performed safely when you follow proper instruction.
Osteoporosis Hip Exercises | Hip Raise with Feet on Chair
Follow these instructions when you want to do the Hip Raise with Feet on Chair exercise. I have included a video demonstration below.
- Muscles: Buttocks, Hamstrings, and Back
- Bones: Hips and Spine
- Lie on back with heels and lower legs on chair, knees slightly bent & arms out from your side, palms up.
- Keep your feet and kneecaps pointed upwards towards the ceiling throughout the exercise.
Exhale and gently tighten your lower tummy as you:
- Squeeze buttocks and raise hips off the ground pushing down into the chair.
- Transfer your weight to your heels and shoulder blades as you lift your hips towards the ceiling.
- Coming down, lengthen your spine as though your tail bone is reaching towards the chair.
- Repeat movement until set is completed.
- Go high enough that you are bringing your hips into the line drawn between your hips, knees and shoulders.