The Three Point Balance Ball Exercise is a balance exercise from the Exercise for Better Bones program. This exercise should only be done with the correct sized and safe burst resistant physio or exercise ball.
Three Point Balance Ball Exercise
Athletic level balance, three-point balance ball exercise.
If it’s the first time that you work on your hands and knees on the ball, I encourage you to still make it a safe environment for you. Please refer to the safety tips in the Exercise for Better Bones book.
Balance Ball Exercise • Sofa or Bed Support
Your sofa is great for support.
You could also use the side of your bed and then use some big cushions in front and to your side. This way, you have a little bit of play with the ball but you’re safe the entire time.
On the other side, the pillows or your bed should be about an inch away from the furthest diameter of the ball, and you’ll need about a twelve inch play in front of you.
It somewhat depends on your ball size and your body size but you’ll soon realize how much space you need as you do the exercise.
Balance Ball Exercise • Directions
All right, stand right behind the ball, and as with the four-point.
- I’m going to start by getting the ball right up against my shins, placing my hands directly underneath my shoulders.
- I’m then going to push off with my heels.
- I’m going to come up onto my toes pushing off, letting myself come forward.
- From this forward position…so now from the four-point position, you want to center one hand.
- Whichever one you’re most comfortable starting with as your supporting hand, bring it to the center of the ball.
- The other hand is going to come up and initially, you could just practice lifting it off.
- As you get comfortable, start to bring your arm up to the height of your body so that you’re forming a nice, straight line.
- This is great for your lower traps, excellent back exercise, great for your shoulders and your postural alignment.
- Bring it back down.
- Now, the hand that you just lifted is going to replace your other supporting hand.
- At this point, if you need a rest, just take a rest.
- Go back.
- Otherwise, you can go and take it right from the right hand, bring your supporting hand with the left, lifting up.
- A 5 to 10 second hold is usually sufficient and then rock right back onto your feet.
And that’s it for the three-point balance ball exercise with the arm lift.
Exercise for Better Bones
Exercise for Better Bones is an exercise osteoporosis program designed for people like you. It is available for purchase at Amazon in printed book and Kindle formats.
It provides a safe and effective means to strengthen bone, reduce fracture risk, and build confidence. The Program has been successfully used by thousands of MelioGuide clients worldwide.
And hundreds of Physical Therapists and Physiotherapists have prescribed the Program for their clients.
Balance Exercises for Seniors Guidelines
For more information, check out my Balance Exercises for Seniors guidelines.