When I design an exercise routine for a client, I not only make sure that it addresses their specific need (for example, a bone building osteoporosis exercise program for people with low bone density), I need to make sure it is a program that they will stick with.
The MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program is the foundation for Josephine’s exercise routine.
Components of a Successful Exercise Routine
Josephine attributes her exercise routine success to the following:
- The variety in the exercise routine. The variety challenges her and keep her engaged.
- Access to reference material. This gives her the confidence to know she is doing the exercise correctly.
- The convenience of a home workout program. It is much easier for her if the routine can be completed at home with minimum equipment.
Many people have a difficult time sticking with an exercise routine. They start an exercise plan at their local gym, with a personal trainer or on their own and, after a period of time, give up on the program.
Josephine has been able to keep her program on track by making it part of her daily routine. In the video, she describes how the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program has kept her going.
Exercise Variety Keeps it Interesting
Josephine talks about the nature of the exercises in her exercise routine. She likes the fact that there is variety in the exercises and notes that there are strength training and weight bearing cardiovascular exercises. She also mentions that the new exercises create a learning challenge.
The MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program was designed with variety in mind.
- Research has shown that bones need to be surprised and challenged.
- An osteoporosis exercise program must include more than weight bearing exercises. Strength, balance, flexibility, and cardiovascular are all important components of a comprehensive osteoporosis exercise program.
- An interesting byproduct of this approach is that the client stays engaged in her Program because she is challenged and must learn new things. An exercise routine with too much routine will lose the client.
Easy Access to Reference Material
Josephine likes that she can use the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program printed manual and online content for easy reference. It gives her the confidence that she is doing the exercises properly.
Home Workout Convenience
In the video, Josephine states that she finds going to the gym once she is at home to be a challenge. In fact, if she was required to go to the gym it may become a barrier to her staying with her exercise program.
Instead, she is able to do her MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program in the convenience of her home with minimum equipment.
Learn more about steps you can take to prevent osteoporosis fractures at my Osteoporosis Guidelines page.