Nordic Walking is an excellent group (and individual) exercise and a great way to meet people. Here are several benefits of Nordic Walking:
- Burn more calories — On average Nordic Walkers burn 30% more calories compared to regular walking.
- Get a full body workout — Unlike regular walking, Nordic walking involves muscles of your arms, back, shoulders, and abdominals.
- Improve your posture — Nordic walking encourages you to look down less and reach up more.
- Take the load off of your joints — Walking with poles reduces the load on your hips, knees and ankles.
- Improve your cardiovascular fitness — Nordic walking will raise your heart rate more than regular walking at the same pace. Walking further and faster is easier in the company of others.
- Get a natural boost — Nordic walking is fun and relieves stress. It is simple to do. You can work at a low or high intensity.
Learn Correct Nordic Walking Technique
I am a Master Trainer for Urban Poling and I also have considerable experience with other Nordic Walking poles. I can work with you, one-on-one, and help you choose the Nordic Walking poles (and other equipment, if necessary) to set you on the right foot and down the correct path to a successful Nordic Walking experience.
If you are an experienced Nordic Walker, I can evaluate your technique and provide tips and guidance to improve your Nordic Walking. If you are new to the activity and want to pick it up or have limited experience Nordic Walking, then we can spend the time we need together to make sure your technique is good and you are getting the most benefits out of your Nordic Walking.
Start Nordic Walking: Schedule an Assessment
You can start your custom Nordic Walking program when you schedule an Initial Assessment with me. Click on the image on the right to schedule time with me. Once your assessment is done, we can get your started on your exercise program.
Check out my other Services.