Benefits of Nordic Walking
Nordic Walking is an excellent group (and individual) exercise and a great way to meet people. Here are several benefits of Nordic Walking:
- Burn more calories — On average Nordic Walkers burn 30% more calories compared to regular walking.
- Get a full body workout — Unlike regular walking, Nordic walking involves muscles of your arms, back, shoulders, and abdominals.
- Improve your posture — A wonderful side effect of Nordic walking is you look down less and reach up more through your torso, head and neck.
- Take the load off of your joints — Walking with poles reduces the load on your hips, knees and ankles. Which helps those with arthritis walk further with more comfort.
- Build bone — Like brisk walking, Nordic walking strengthens your hips.
- Improve your cardiovascular fitness — Nordic walking will raise your heart rate more than regular walking at the same pace. Walking further and faster is easier in the company of others.
- Get a natural boost — Exercise works faster and is safer than any anti-depressant! Nordic walking is a great way to relieve stress. It is fun, and simple to do. You can work at a low or high intensity.
Learn Correct Nordic Walking Technique
It is important that you learn the correct Nordic Walking techniques. I have a lot experience teaching Nordic Walking to individuals and health care professionals. I am a Master Trainer for Urban Poling and I also have considerable experience with other Nordic Walking poles.
Here are several benefits to my learning Nordic Walking from me:
- You can choose between a single, couple, or group session depending on your needs and interest.
- You will get an overview of the most common types of Nordic walking poles available on the market and the correct Nordic Walking technique for the different styles of poles.
- You will have an opportunity to try different styles of poles allowing you to identify the type that suits you best.
Start Your Program: Schedule an Assessment
You can start your custom Nordic Walking program when you schedule an Initial Assessment with me. Click on the image on the right to schedule time with me. Once your assessment is done, we can get your started on your exercise program.
Check out my other Services.