Your Personal Exercise Program
Are you worried about flaring up an old back injury or wanting a more permanent solution to recurrent pain? Looking for an effective and safe personal exercise program? Planning to complete a race next summer?
You are not alone.
Most of my clients are individuals with pain or joint restrictions. Like them, you know how easily your condition can “flare up” under the wrong guidance. You do not want to be one of the hundreds of people who get injured by an enthusiastic, over-zealous gym enthusiast with a weekend certification.
Custom Exercise Program
Your program will include exercises that allow you to release, re-educate and re-build — at a pace that will allow you to achieve your goals.
Your program will:
- Address muscle imbalances.
- Optimize flexibility and range of motion of your joints.
- Correct or release the restrictions that you may have relating to your sport.
- Re-educate your body to the most ideal posture and movement patterns.
- Provide sport-specific muscular strengthening and conditioning exercises to re-build and improve performance.
- Incorporate efficient breathing and pelvic floor support.
Custom Exercise Program: Approach
You did not get out of shape overnight. A gradual step-by-step approach to regaining your strength, balance and flexibility will assist you in making exercise part of who you are rather than just what you do.
Your commitment to a stronger you starts with an initial assessment followed by a 10-session package involving customized exercises and body-work as needed to address tight sore muscles.
You can choose the frequency of your sessions although I advise those new to exercise to consider the following:
- Twice weekly for the first two weeks,
- Once weekly for the next four weeks
- Once every two weeks. until you are independent and self motivated enough to see me every 6 weeks.
There is always the option of either spreading out the sessions more or keeping the session biweekly. Together we decide what will work best to allow you to achieve your goals.
Benefits of a Custom Exercise Program
- Fat loss.
- Muscle gain.
- Improved balance.
- More subtle, flexible muscles and joints.
- Increased confidence.
- Improved bone quality and density.
Why Work With Me
My clients appreciate the fact that I am a Strength and Conditioning Specialist as well as a Physiotherapist.
My Physiotherapy career has been as diverse as it has been interesting: from pulmonary, orthopeadic and neurologic rehabilitation to being owner and director of a Golf Fitness Training business in California. As a Physiotherapist, I bring my medical training to the table.
As a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, I bring a strong understanding of fitness. Personally, I bring a lifetime of movement exploration as a martial artist, lifeguard, cyclist, triathlete, Tai-Chi and Yoga practitioner and teacher.
Competing in a Figure competition at the age of 53 made me appreciate the perseverance that many of my clients experience in their journey to achieving their goal.
The combination of my professional and personal discipline to movement means that you have a trained medical professional and coach who:
- Has a comprehensive understanding of sports conditioning to design and guide you through your exercise program.
- Ensures that you achieve your health and fitness goals in a medically sound fashion.
- Avoids those nasty “flare ups” that can sideline you and discourage you from starting again.
- Is passionate about movement.
Whether you’re looking to make your “day to day” activities feel easy or participate in your first road race, you can achieve any goal you set for yourself. The key is to believe in yourself and in your therapist/coach.
Check out my other Services.