Whether it has been two months or two years since your repair or injury, I encourage you to consider a variety of approaches to getting rid of your pain and getting on with your life. My Physiotherapy Services, Nordic Walking, Tai Chi and Yoga can set you on the path to good health.
Aside from some of the more traditional hands-on forms of Physiotherapy I also offer instruction in Nordic Walking, Tai Chi and Yoga. Each of my Programs (Osteoporosis Exercise Program, Posture Program and Custom Exercise Program) can incorporate any of the following services.
Physiotherapy services include:
- Muscle imbalance retraining.
- Rehabilitation from joint strains/sprains or replacements.
- Rehabilitation from a fracture or surgery.
- Myofascial release, joint mobilization, dynamic and static stretching.
- Balance testing and training.
- Posture retraining.
- Prescriptive exercises.
I do not use ultrasound, lasers, interferential or acupuncture. I take the time educate you about your body. Life is more fun when it’s pain free!
Nordic Walking is an excellent form of exercise. You have likely heard of the many benefits including:
- Improve your posture — poling helps you look down less and reach up more through your torso, head and neck.
- Take the load off of your joints — reduce the load on your hips, knees and ankles. Poling helps those with arthritis walk further with more comfort.
- Build bone — Like brisk walking, it strengthens your hips.
- Improve your cardiovascular fitness — Nordic poling is comparable to jogging.
- Nordic walking, like brisk walking works faster and is safer than any anti-depressant! It is a great way to relieve stress.
It is important that you learn the correct Nordic Walking techniques. I have a lot experience teaching individuals and health care professionals. I am a Master Trainer for Urban Poling and I also have considerable experience with other styles of poles.
Here are several benefits to my learning from me:
- You can choose between a single, couple, or group session depending on your needs and interest.
- You will get an overview of the most common types of Nordic Walking poles available on the market and the correct technique for the different styles of poles.
- You will learn the best technique to fit your needs.
During the fall of 2004 I turned in my running shoes for flat-soled shoes. My daily jog became a brisk walk to a local park to join and follow my new found TaiChi Master.
Independently, I practice Yang Style 24-Form, 48-Form and TaiChi fan. My Tai Chi Master, Yingjun Feng, is now in his 80’s and no longer lives close by but we get together every summer to practice.
The benefits of Tai Chi that I have experienced include:
- Improved focus — I have never been able to meditate but TaiChi to me is a moving meditation.
- A “work-in rather than a work-out” — feeling more energized
- Improved balance.
- Improved lower body strength
- Improved flexibility.
You can choose between a single, couple, or group session depending on your needs and interest.
I invite you to explore the TaiChi instructional video that my talented husband created and would be happy to incorporate TaiChi into your life.
When I became a Yoga instructor through the Yoga Alliance 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, it opened my eyes to the limited knowledge that most Yoga teachers have on the human body.
The standard Yoga teacher training training does not prepare any Yoga teacher to understand arthritis, osteoporosis, disc injuries or the many challenges most Yoga participants over the age of 35 might be experiencing.
So allow me to tweak and tailor your Yoga practise to best suit your body.
If you have low bone density or osteoporosis I encourage you to get my book Yoga for Better Bones.
Check out my other Services.