A reader in Los Angeles contacted me and asked my opinion on the Hyper Vest Pro Weight Vest from Hyperwear for osteoporosis exercise.
Weighted vests are a popular exercise items for people with osteoporosis who want to weight bear throughout their body when they exercise or are active throughout the day. We have done a number of reviews of weighted vests for osteoporosis and the response from you has been positive.
I also have published a review of the Hyper Vest Elite.
Hyper Vest Pro Weight Vest for Osteoporosis Review
Here is my video review of the Hyper Vest Pro. There is a transcript of my video review at the bottom of this blog post. I have also provided a link if you are interested in purchasing the Hyper Vest Pro Weight Vest.
Things to Consider for a Weighted Vest
A couple of key points on the vest:
- The Hyper Vest Pro is made from a stretchy fabric that fits comfortably on your body.
- It has draw-strings on each side allowing you to get a nice fit — like a corset from days past.
- There are multiple mini pockets that accommodate the individual weights. This allows you to gradually and progressively increase the weight of the vest and distribute the weights around the vest.
- It is the most balanced weighted vest I have ever tried because of the fabric, the distribution of the smaller weights, and the draw-strings.
- Because of its snug, balanced and comfortable fit, the vest allows dynamic movement exercises such as jumps.
- The material allows you to fit the vest snugly without causing constriction of breathing.
- I am a small person and I appreciate that it comes in small size. It even comes in an extra small size, an extra-extra small (popular with children with autism.)
- Removing and inserting the individual weights can be time consuming and arduous. If you want to gradually build up the overall weight of the vest, you will be have to remove weights after the vest arrives and insert weights over time.
- The Hyperwear people state that the vest can be (and should be) cleaned regularly without having to remove the weights. A hand wash with a mild detergent of the vest – with weights in – will do the trick. After washing, towel off the vest and hang to dry.
Where to Purchase the Hyper Vest Pro
You can purchase the Hyper Vest Pro on the Hyperwear website.
Review of Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro
Hi, welcome back to MelioGuide. I’m Margaret Martin.
Today, we’re going to review the Hyperwear Hyper Vest Pro. This is a very nicely designed weighted vest. It comes with multiple little pockets which carry the weights in them and the drawstring on the side that allows you to customize even further the sizing of the vest.
Hyper Vest Pro Sizing
As a small person I really appreciate that the small size fits me so well and I can really customize it even more so for myself. It also comes in extra small and extra, extra small which is a really unusual thing to see with weighted vests.
The multiple level pockets allows you to build up very gradually on the weights that you’re using.
You can start small. I would recommend that you start with the back vest weights first higher up through the mid back and then gradually balance out the weights front and back until you’ve loaded up the weight, the vest and the weights fully.
Balanced and Comfortable Fit
The weight is evenly distributed through the vest. As a result, I never feel off balance while wearing the Hyper Vest Pro — in fact, it is them most balanced fit of all the weighted vests I have tried.
Other vests that I have tried can be very tight and can constrict my breathing. Not so with the Hyper Vest Pro. The side panels are adjustable and I can customize the fit to my comfort level.
The Hyper Vest Pro material allows for the elasticity. It allows you to even shrink up a little further if you wanted to use it for jump squats or more dynamic movement that you can do that with this vest.
Removing and Adding Weights
The biggest challenge with the Hyper Vest Pro is that it comes with approximately 70 little weights. Individuals who want to start with a low weight vest (and gradually build up the weight) will have to initially remove a lot of the weights. This can be tedious.
I will demonstrate how to remove a single weight. Let’s go through the process of taking these weights out.
- Push the weight from the bottom of the pocket.
- If you’re just starting out and you are new to weighted vest workouts, I recommendation that you remove maybe 60 of these little weights and then gradually bring them back in as you get comfortable with the vest.
- The process of putting them back in was a little bit more laborious than taking them out.
- I found using the end of a spoon really helpful.
- I noticed on the website that if you purchase extra weights it comes with a little device to help you put the weights back in.
- Dealing with the little top sleeve is kind of challenging but the end of a flat spoon works really nicely.
Washing the Hyper Vest Pro
Hyperwear recommends that you remove all the weights in order to machine wash the Hyper Vest Pro. This can be challenging.
When to Use the Hyper Vest Pro
People might want to use different weight levels for different activities. Managing the small weights can present a challenge.
For example my younger clients they might use a fully loaded vest when they’re doing their squats. However, they might use a half loaded vest when doing their lunges — depending on their strength.
They might use a different weight density when they’re use the vest for walking.
I want to thank you very much for tuning in, for Michelle in Los Angeles for contacting me in regards to my opinion on the Hyper Vest Pro.
For more information, check out my Osteoporosis Guidelines.