The Hip Raise Feet on Chair is an Active level strength exercise targeted at the hamstrings, buttocks, back, hips and spine.
Hip Raise Feet on Chair
Hip Raises Feet on Chair. Now with this exercise of hip raises with your feet on the chair, you’re going to need a chair. And if you don’t have a padded chair, you might choose to put a folded towel or mat over the chair all depending on the sensitivity of your legs.
So coming down, sitting close to the chair, come down safely to your side. Roll onto your back. Place your feet onto the chair.
And just as we did with the bridging, I would like for you to place your hands away from your body with your palms up. You’re going to initiate the exercise with the breath in and exhale as you lift. And back down.
Now a couple of tips here. You want to insure that your kneecaps and your toes are facing the ceiling. As with the bridging exercise, you want to transfer the weight onto your shoulder, but it’s not onto your neck or rather just onto your shoulder blades.
And lastly if you are not comfortably coming down into this position, then just as we spoke about in the exercise safety tips, if you need a little support under your head, then please use it in this exercise.
So one more time. Keeping everything in alignment, breath in. Exhale as you lift. One, two. And you want to get that line between your knee, hip and shoulder, and down, two.
And please note that you should not be straightening your leg all the way. So when you come up, you will have a little bend in your knees and that allows you to get a lot more focus in on the hamstring exercise.
And come on up through your side.
Osteoporosis Hip Exercises | Hip Raise with Feet on Chair
Follow these instructions when you want to do the Hip Raise with Feet on Chair exercise. I have included a video demonstration below.
- Muscles: Buttocks, Hamstrings, and Back
- Bones: Hips and Spine
- Lie on back with heels and lower legs on chair, knees slightly bent & arms out from your side, palms up.
- Keep your feet and kneecaps pointed upwards towards the ceiling throughout the exercise.
Exhale and gently tighten your lower tummy as you:
- Squeeze buttocks and raise hips off the ground pushing down into the chair.
- Transfer your weight to your heels and shoulder blades as you lift your hips towards the ceiling.
- Coming down, lengthen your spine as though your tail bone is reaching towards the chair.
- Repeat movement until set is completed.
- Go high enough that you are bringing your hips into the line drawn between your hips, knees and shoulders.
Visit my page dedicated to Osteoporosis Exercises.