The Dynamic Plank Exercise Roll for Active Level from the Strengthen Your Core program requires that you do both the Plank and Side Plank exercises in perfect form as you transition between the poses.
I have seen many clients who struggle to do this exercise well. Often they focus on trying to get the side plank “working” and as they progress through the roll, they lose control and start to lose form (and with that, the effectiveness of the exercise).
I work with them closely as they progress from one stage of the roll to the next and coach them along the way so that they maintain good form and get as much benefit as possible from the side plan exercise roll. Of course, once they successfully execute the roll, I give them a big pat on the back!
In this video I demonstrate the dynamic plank exercise roll so that you can follow along and execute it flawlessly. Be patient and take the time you need to build up to this. And once you are there, contact me and I will give you your pat on the back.
Dynamic Plank Exercise Roll
Lets go through the active level dynamic plank exercise roll step by step. We will go from the side plank 90, to the side plank 45, to the full plank and finally over onto the opposite side.
- Tuck your elbow in slightly.
- Lift yourself up.
- Hold for five seconds.
- Take it over to the 45.
- Five, four, three, two, one.
- The objective here is that throughout the dynamic plank exercise, I endeavour not to move anything between my knees and my head.
- I keep everything else, as I’m rolling everything staying as stable as possible.
- The dynamic plank exercise roll is something that you want to do as an additional challenge.
- Once you’ve gone through your maximum holds for your 90 degree planks and 90 degree side planks.
So that’s it for the active level dynamic plank exercise roll.
Core Exercises Guide
Want to learn more about core exercises? Visit my Core Exercises Guide.